Education Week asked a few superintendents to share what they think should make the cut—and what the letters absolutely shouldn't include. The best letters use common sense, three superintendents said—but they're also a bit of a balancing act. (July 22, 2019)
Rick Hess Straight Up
High-performing urban schools lent moral authority and measurable results to the charter school sector. Why do advocates give them the cold shoulder? Fordham's Robert Pondiscio answers. (July 22, 2019)
Many girls can’t afford menstrual products, leading them to miss class. Some cities like Providence, R.I., are providing free pads and tampons to help keep them in school.
The Department of Education’s Small Business Innovation Research grants focus on improving teaching, learning, and school administration in education or special education. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (July 16, 2019)
National Content Partners
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- 2019-20 Middle or High School Inclusion Specialist (SpEd) Teacher ($7,500 signing bonus)
- Bright Star Schools, Los Angeles, California
- Join Durham Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Durham, North Carolina
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Chief Academic Officer
- Middletown Public Schools, Middletown, Connecticut