The Minneapolis district—with large achievement gaps between white and black students—is enlisting parents from communities of color to help it gather broader and better feedback on how to improve. (June 26, 2019)
On the campaign trail, Democrats seeking the 2020 presidential nomination have tackled issues like lunch shaming, school funding, and gun violence. What issues are most likely to surface in the first debate? (June 24, 2019)
Commentary: Jeffrey R. Henig
Rick Hess Straight Up
In the U.S., 36 million adults lack the basic literacy skills needed to sustain employment—yet education programs for this group serve only about 1.5 million, and funding continues to be cut at state and federal levels.
Fans of the E-rate worry that rapid progress could be threatened by a Republican-backed effort to place new restrictions on the amount of money the E-rate program can dole out to help schools and libraries improve connectivity. (June 14, 2019)
In teachers’ lounges and copy rooms all over the country, teachers complain about their students. But it’s toxic for students, and for teachers’ feelings about their work, writes Lauren Vargas. (June 11, 2019)
Digital tools that provide instructional content showed the biggest gains among the categories of ed-tech in this analysis of tools used in more than 100,000 classrooms across the U.S. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (June 18, 2019)
National Content Partners
How access to period products removes a barrier to education (06/25 06:40 pm)
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School ELA, Science, & Social Studies Teachers Needed
- Huda School and Montessori, Michigan
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Reading & Instruction Coach/Specialist
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Interim Head of School and Permanent Head of School
- Three Tree Montessori School, Burien, Washington State