From the Pueblo to College: The Journey of Two Rural Students
What does it take for rural students to succeed academically? This three-part video series follows two Native American students as they transition from high school to higher education and explores what their decisions mean for their families and their Jemez Pueblo community.
FROM THE ARCHIVES
Read insights from some of the K-12 field's most prominent education scholars, leaders, and practitioners. Education Week and Education Week Teacher have gathered years of valuable interviews reflecting some of the most pressing issues in K-12 schooling. (March 18, 2019)
Cancer has forced teacher Johanna Rauhala to leave her classroom. As she packs up her things, she reflects on her work, and writes that she feels honored to have served alongside those who spend their days "pushing the current of knowledge along." (January 14, 2020)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Certified K-12 Teachers
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- Superintendent of Schools
- Mount Markham Central School District , West Winfield, New York