The latest news about the teaching profession, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Those who hoped for a “teacher wave” are likely to be disappointed by the election results, but many educators say the losses only strengthen their resolve to fight for better pay and school funding. (November 8, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Teacher Beat Blog
This special report takes a look at recertification, posing questions about how it could be strengthened to support teachers better.
Getting and Keeping Good Teachers
For many school districts, teacher shortages are a recurring challenge. What are those districts doing differently to attract—and keep—the teachers they need?
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
How does ESSA define professional development, what conditions encourage effective teacher training, and how are districts supporting professional development for early-childhood educators?
The career path to the principalship has been a fairly rigid one. Only in the past decade or so has the field seen some important changes in who makes it to a school’s top job—and how.
- Summer Program Teacher
- Metropolitan Development Council, 98402, Tacoma
- Head of School
- The Sharon Academy, Sharon, Vermont
- School Based Mental Health Professional
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, Washington State
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Principal- Middle School
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, Virginia