The latest news about special education, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Educating children with disabilities is among the most challenging pieces of the public school system's mission—and regulations, funding, and legalities are just the start.(December 5, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Video: A Colorado Leader Taps Teacher Specialists to Serve All Students
• Special Education
On Special Education Blog
This special report on RTI—Education Week’s second such report—explores the challenges facing educators as they adopt RTI for new uses, scale it up to more schools and districts, and use it to improve learning for all students.
Next Steps: Life After Special Education
While the nation's graduation rate has hit another historic high, prospects are more mixed for children and youths with disabilities, according to Diplomas Count 2015.
What are the essential components of response to intervention (RTI) initiatives, how are schools struggling to implement RTI, and what factors are contributing to school improvement?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- WOODSTOCK SCHOOL, Uttarakhand (IN)
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Teacher - All Content Areas (Elementary, Math, Science, Special Education, Reading, Spanish, Etc.)
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)