The latest news about special education, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
Just because a rural school system has internet doesn’t mean everyone can afford it. That’s why James Barrett delivers paper work packets, along with meals, to his students during the COVID-19 crisis. (May 18, 2020)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Video: Building Social-Emotional Resilience Among Students and Staff
On Special Education Blog
Educators and parents use a range of promising tools as they work to serve the needs of the nation’s 6 million students with disabilities amid continuing challenges.
Education Week Quizzes
What are the essential components of response to intervention (RTI) initiatives, how have schools struggled to implement RTI, and what factors have contributed to school improvement?
Quiz Yourself: How Much Do You Know About Dyslexia?
What are the early signs of dyslexia in children, how can educators improve a child's reading accuracy, and what is the state of dyslexia-specific laws in the U.S.?
Here's a look at which districts identified themselves as having racial and ethnic disparities in special education in the 2015-16 school year.
Special Education: Definition, Statistics, and Trends
What is special education? What do we know about the student special education population and the teachers who educate them? What percentage of students with disabilities are educated in regular classrooms?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California
- Online Course Content Writer
- #T.E.A.C.H. (Training Educators And Creating Hope), Plymouth, Michigan
- Deputy Superintendent of Academics
- Providence Public Schools, Providence, Rhode Island