The latest news about STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in schools, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
K-12 schooling in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics offers the potential for innovative ways to inspire students—as well as obstacles that can prevent them from sustained success in those fields. (May 22, 2018)
Education Week Quizzes
How are schools recognizing students who excel in STEM, what is missing from STEM teacher training programs, and what STEM provisions are included in the Every Student Succeeds Act?
Quiz Yourself: How Much Do You Know About Math Instruction?
How are teachers using digital games for math instruction, what conditions support effective STEM training for teachers, and how has the Common Core changed math instruction?
Curriculum Matters Blog
Only when educators ground STEM curriculum in real-world applications can transformational learning take place. In this webinar, our guests will help your schools make STEM equitable terrain for all students. "The Summer Learning Opportunity: Engaging Students With STEM" Out-of-school programs can advance STEM knowledge and increase interest in STEM careers. Join the Boys & Girls Clubs of America for new ways to advance STEM interest with students while combating summer learning loss, and how we can serve as partners to your schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida