Spotlight on Reading Instruction
Education Week's Spotlight on Reading Instruction brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Research on early literacy
- Predictors of reading achievement
- Educational TV and reading
- Finding solutions to the ‘4th grade slump’
- Reading software programs for young readers
- One district’s use of the Reading First model to fine-tune instruction districtwide
- Tips for engaging reluctant readers
- The role of background knowledge in reading comprehension
- Potential pitfalls of reading research
A great value! You get the six articles and two Commentaries below in a downloadable PDF.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Instructional Designer, Professional Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Tamalpais Union High School District, Larkspur, CA
- Engineering & Robotics Instructor
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Lead a Network of Cleveland Schools. Apply Today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind - Romney, WV
- West Virginia Board of Education, Romney, WV