The latest news about English-language learners, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
Teaching English-learners can be a rewarding experience—especially if educators know the best practices and necessary facts. Wendi Pillars shares her tips for having a successful year with ELLs. (September 6, 2017)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
• English-language learners
Learning the Language Blog
Education Week Quiz
Which teaching practices are most effective for delivering academic content to ELLs, how many English-learners will move out of all language-development courses this year, and in what programs do native Spanish-speaking students have more success learning English?
In this webinar, two experts offer guidance on identifying and serving advanced ELLs and building a stronger gifted program.
This 2017 report explores questions around which instructional strategies work best for ELL students, including whether a bilingual approach to teaching English-learners puts students at an advantage. (Report also available in Spanish.)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.