Spotlight on Math Instruction
The Education Week Spotlight on Math Instruction is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Creating coherence by linking math concepts across and within grades
- Using blended-learning instruction in math instruction
- Analyzing the common core’s impact of math instruction
- Breaking out of the math instruction rut
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights on Math Instruction:Math Instruction (2013)
This Spotlight examines research on how number sense predicts math ability, the importance of procedural fluency, the development of math anxiety on timed tests, and how the common core is impacting math instruction.
Math Instruction (2012)
The common standards, technology, and new cognitive studies are redefining how math gets taught. This Spotlight focuses on math instruction and how educators are adapting their teaching, integrating new technologies, and preparing for the common core.
Math Instruction (2010)
What are the best ways to introduce students to math concepts? This Spotlight explores innovative approaches and special challenges in teaching math.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Finance and Grants Administration
- GREENBURGH ELEVEN UFSD, Dobbs Ferry, New York
- Math Coach
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York