Spotlight on Math Instruction
The Education Week Spotlight on Math Instruction is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- The potential impacts of the Common Core Standards on math instruction
- Using smartphones as math learning tools
- New multimedia programs tailored to math students
- Distinguishing students who occasionally struggle in math from those with a genuine disability
- Professional development needs of teachers preparing for common standards in math
- Early math skills as a predictor of school success
You get the nine articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights on Math Instruction:Math Instruction (2013)
Many teachers don’t feel well-equipped to plan math instruction to meet student needs, according to recent survey data. This Spotlight examines research on how number sense predicts math ability, the importance of procedural fluency, the development of math anxiety on timed tests, and how the common core is impacting math instruction.
Math Instruction (2010)
What are the best ways to introduce students to math concepts? This Spotlight explores innovative approaches and special challenges in teaching math.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Spanish Teacher
- Adams County School District 50, Westminster, CO
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Math Team Lead
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL