Students who believe their intelligence is not "fixed" and can be improved are said to have a "growth mindset." Below are the latest stories and Commentaries on this concept, including archives and special reports.
Based on exclusive results from an original national survey, this Education Week Research Center report examines the concept of growth mindset as well as key misconceptions that could undermine its effectiveness. (September 21, 2016)
How much do you know about how schools are promoting social-emotional learning, how teachers can encourage growth mindsets, and how educators are raising achievement through efforts to motivate students?
Video: What Is a Growth Mindset?
Video: The Journey to a Growth Mindset
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal K-8
- Marana Unified School District, Tucson, Arizona
- Head of School
- Caprock Academy, Grand Junction, Colorado
- President- Saint Martin de Porres High School
- Saint Martin de Porres High School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Vice President, Schools
- Innovate Public Schools, San Jose, California
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, Virginia