Spotlight on ELL Assessment & Teaching
Education Week's Spotlight on ELL Assessment & Teaching brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- How schools handle academic credits for adolescent immigrant youths
- Research on how to best teach English-language learners
- Accommodations to assess content knowledge
- Assessing English-language proficiency
- Determining where English-language learners should be placed at the time of enrollment
- Criteria used to identify students for ELL services
- Characteristics of effective technology-enhanced programs for ELLs
- After-school programs as a powerful resource for English-language learners
- Addressing the needs of longtime English-learners
A great value! You get the six news articles and two Commentaries below in a downloadable PDF.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Birmingham Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Beverly Hills, Michigan
- Superintendent, Chambersburg Area School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.