Spotlight on ELL Assessment & Teaching
Education Week's Spotlight on ELL Assessment & Teaching brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- How schools handle academic credits for adolescent immigrant youths
- Research on how to best teach English-language learners
- Accommodations to assess content knowledge
- Assessing English-language proficiency
- Determining where English-language learners should be placed at the time of enrollment
- Criteria used to identify students for ELL services
- Characteristics of effective technology-enhanced programs for ELLs
- After-school programs as a powerful resource for English-language learners
- Addressing the needs of longtime English-learners
A great value! You get the six news articles and two Commentaries below in a downloadable PDF.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent of Data, Intervention and Supports
- Kirkwood School District, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona