The latest news about efforts to bolster parent influence in school-level education policy.
In a Pennsylvania town roiled by controversy after a superintendent's resignation, a volunteer group's efforts are targeting rebuilding trust between the community and the school district. (February 9, 2016)
K-12, Parents, and the Public Blog
Our webinar guests talk about the common challenges that districts face in making the common core understandable to parents, and explain how school systems can address parents' fears and misgivings about the standards.
Engaging Parents in Schools and Student Learning
In this webinar, our guests discussed why parent engagement matters, and offered practices that schools can use to create systems that support family and community engagement.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Joplin Schools, MO
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Deputy Superintendent for School Administration
- Birmingham Public Schools, Beverly Hills, MI
- Teachers Needed - All Academic Subject Areas
- Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, FL