Teaching Now Blog
Harvard Expert Questions Teachers' Readiness for Teacher-Led Schools (08/25 05:34 pm)
Executed Photojournalist Was Teach For America Alumnus (08/20 01:33 pm)
- • Texas teachers fill classrooms with 'crowdfunding' (08/25 8:48 am)
- • State OKs plan to cut pay for Detroit teachers (08/20 12:09 pm)
- • Agreements end federal teacher testing fraud case (08/20 8:44 am)
- • Pay cuts could be coming for Detroit teachers (08/19 8:37 am)
Connecting the Dots
Work in Progress
Teacher in a Strange Land
Our Community With Support From:
Most teachers do find joy in teaching, just less and less of that as teachers themselves are increasingly bashed, blamed, hammered, and weighted down from all sides.
New research shows reflecting on a lesson after it’s over may improve a person’s performance on future tasks. What techniques, if any, have you seen used to encourage students to reflect on what they learned and how they learned it? Share your thoughts.
Learning Forward's PD Watch
Teaching Channel Spotlight
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
Upcoming Webinar: Personalizing Math Instruction Using Technology
Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 2 p.m. ET
Math teacher Silvestre Arcos will discuss his efforts to align math instruction with students' learning needs and offer ways that schools and districts can support and scale up personalized-learning projects. Register now.
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Occupational Therapist (Full-Time; Standard)
- WCSD, Reno, NV
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Early Childhood Bilingual Teacher
- School District U46, Elgin, IL
- Part-Time Teachers - Special Education Department
- Hartford Public Schools, Hartford, CT