Teaching Now Blog
In a Digital Age, Print Books Find Favor With Young People (12/04 11:59 am)
Teachers Skeptical of L.A. iPad Rollout (12/03 12:10 pm)
Teacher: Outdated Classroom Designs Hinder Learning (12/02 04:05 pm)
Ill. Elementary School Tries Subject-Area Assignments (11/26 02:16 pm)
- • NC has fewer teachers and more students (12/ 4 12:22 pm)
- • Juneau teachers cut back hours as talks languish (12/ 4 8:35 am)
- • Pa. House debates economic furloughs at schools (12/ 3 3:16 pm)
- • Kan. governor raises pension costs as school issue (11/27 8:24 am)
Teaching Channel Video
View from the Bronx
The Art of Coaching Teachers
Our Community With Support From:
I've now invested 23 years in my teaching career and it is the hardest job I've ever loved.
In a blog post, David Ginsburg writes that his biggest regret as a teacher was using rewards to encourage good behavior from his students. Do you agree or disagree? Share your thoughts.
Most Active Discussions
Learning Forward's PD Watch
Teaching Channel Spotlight
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
In this online chat, Education Week Teacher blogger Ilana Garon discussed the highs and lows of teaching in an inner-city classroom, offering inspiration and cautionary advice.
TEACHER TRENDS & DATA
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Italy
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA