Spotlight on ELLs in the Classroom
The Education Week Spotlight on English-language learners in the Classroom is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Intensive English-language learner training for core-content teachers
- Engaging native and nonnative speakers in dual-language classrooms
- 'Shadowing' ELLs as teacher professional development
- Using attendance and grades as early warning signs for ELL dropouts
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common-core curriculum
- Identifying the best research and instructional strategies for ELLs
You get the nine articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights:English-Language Learners in the Classroom (2010)
This Spotlight explores how schools and teachers are using innovative means to help their English-language-learner students gain skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
ELL Assessment & Teaching
Teaching English-language learners is a complex endeavor that requires skill and patience. It is also a reality that more and more schools are facing. This Spotlight examines assessment and instruction in the everyday world of ELLs and their schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA