Spotlight on ELLs in the Classroom
The Education Week Spotlight on English-language learners in the Classroom is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Intensive English-language learner training for core-content teachers
- Engaging native and nonnative speakers in dual-language classrooms
- 'Shadowing' ELLs as teacher professional development
- Using attendance and grades as early warning signs for ELL dropouts
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common-core curriculum
- Identifying the best research and instructional strategies for ELLs
You get the nine articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights:English-Language Learners in the Classroom (2010)
This Spotlight explores how schools and teachers are using innovative means to help their English-language-learner students gain skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
ELL Assessment & Teaching
Teaching English-language learners is a complex endeavor that requires skill and patience. It is also a reality that more and more schools are facing. This Spotlight examines assessment and instruction in the everyday world of ELLs and their schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL