"Learning in the 21st Century"
Smartphones are now the most commonly owned handheld computing devices among high-school-age students, with about half of those surveyed claiming ownership, according to a new report.
The report, released last week at the Virtual School Symposium in New Orleans, also notes that more than three in five parents surveyed said they would be likely to buy a mobile device for their child's education, a ratio which shifted downward only slightly when the question was asked of rural or low-income parents.
The report stems from the 2011 Speak Up survey, which is given by Project Tomorrow, a nonprofit educational research group based in Irvine, Calif.
Vol. 32, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA