"Learning in the 21st Century"
Smartphones are now the most commonly owned handheld computing devices among high-school-age students, with about half of those surveyed claiming ownership, according to a new report.
The report, released last week at the Virtual School Symposium in New Orleans, also notes that more than three in five parents surveyed said they would be likely to buy a mobile device for their child's education, a ratio which shifted downward only slightly when the question was asked of rural or low-income parents.
The report stems from the 2011 Speak Up survey, which is given by Project Tomorrow, a nonprofit educational research group based in Irvine, Calif.
Vol. 32, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY