Eradication of Senior Slump Remains Elusive
Some places using innovative tactics
Call it the senior slump.
Often, with their most difficult classes and tests behind them, seniors want to cruise to the finish line of spring graduation rather than push to the end, which can make it challenging to keep them engaged.
"Students get burnt out in high school. That last year can be a struggle," said Robie Cornelious, the director of high school acceleration programs in the Duval County district in Jacksonville, Fla. "Our counselors are in tune with helping students make the best choices, rather than...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO