No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, opinion essays, and special features. No Child Left Behind was replaced in Dec. 2015 by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Long-Term Substitute- 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher
- Academy of the Holy Names, Tampa, FL, US
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California
- Chief Executive Officer
- New Foundations Charter School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania