No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, opinion essays, and special features. No Child Left Behind was replaced in Dec. 2015 by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 Principal
- MSAD #7, North Haven, Maine
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- Professor of Practice in K-12 Educational Leadership
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California