No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, Commentaries, and special features.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. Its successor, the Every Student Succeeds Act, replaced NCLB in Dec. 2015. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ACS International Schools, Doha (QA)
- Elementary School Principal
- Baltimore Curriculum Project, Baltimore, Maryland
- 5th Grade Teacher
- SOAR Elementary School, Denver, Colorado
- Banneker Blake Academy for Arts and Sciences, Nationwide
- Math Teacher
- Erie High School, Erie, Colorado