No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, Commentaries, and special features.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. Its successor, the Every Student Succeeds Act, replaced NCLB in Dec. 2015. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina