No Child Left Behind
The latest news about No Child Left Behind including, archives, Commentaries, and special features. No Child Left Behind was replaced in Dec. 2015 by the Every Student Succeeds Act.
This primer on the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act—the previous iteration of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, or ESEA—includes information about compliance, proficiency, and waivers; milestones in the law’s history; main criticisms; and resources for further reading. (April 10, 2015)
Blog: Politics K-12
To reflect on the law's anniversary, the Education Week Commentary editors asked a range of K-12 education leaders, politicians, teachers, and child advocates for their thoughts.
- Principal- High School
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, Virginia
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Head of School
- The Sharon Academy, Sharon, Vermont
- Principal of a new Innovative High School in Philadelphia
- Big Picture Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Educational Consultant
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York