News in Brief
University Error Puts Children's Data Online
North Carolina State University warned parents this month that private information about 1,800 children from the state was mistakenly posted online. The data, including names, Social Security numbers, and birth dates, were gathered from 2003 to 2006 as part of a study on classroom practices. The university said there was no evidence that the information was used improperly.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO