News in Brief
University Error Puts Children's Data Online
North Carolina State University warned parents this month that private information about 1,800 children from the state was mistakenly posted online. The data, including names, Social Security numbers, and birth dates, were gathered from 2003 to 2006 as part of a study on classroom practices. The university said there was no evidence that the information was used improperly.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Chief of Human Resources
- San Francisco Unified School District, San Francisco, CA
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX