News in Brief
University Error Puts Children's Data Online
North Carolina State University warned parents this month that private information about 1,800 children from the state was mistakenly posted online. The data, including names, Social Security numbers, and birth dates, were gathered from 2003 to 2006 as part of a study on classroom practices. The university said there was no evidence that the information was used improperly.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA