News in Brief
Florida Virtual, Pearson Announce Partnership
The Florida Virtual School and the educational publisher Pearson are forming a partnership that will offer courses designed by the school through a program called Pearson Virtual Learning.
Under the plan announced last month, schools worldwide could gain access to middle and high school content, including credit-recovery courses in the four core subject areas for high school students; math credit-recovery courses for middle school students; and an assortment of Advanced Placement courses and exam reviews.
The Florida Virtual School, a statewide, public entity considered a leader in the online school sector, has been expanding its operations. It has worked with brick-and-mortar schools to provide so-called blended-learning opportunities, sold some of its courses, and created a franchise option for Florida counties that wish to manage their own virtual schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL