News in Brief
Florida Virtual, Pearson Announce Partnership
The Florida Virtual School and the educational publisher Pearson are forming a partnership that will offer courses designed by the school through a program called Pearson Virtual Learning.
Under the plan announced last month, schools worldwide could gain access to middle and high school content, including credit-recovery courses in the four core subject areas for high school students; math credit-recovery courses for middle school students; and an assortment of Advanced Placement courses and exam reviews.
The Florida Virtual School, a statewide, public entity considered a leader in the online school sector, has been expanding its operations. It has worked with brick-and-mortar schools to provide so-called blended-learning opportunities, sold some of its courses, and created a franchise option for Florida counties that wish to manage their own virtual schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA