News in Brief
Florida Virtual, Pearson Announce Partnership
The Florida Virtual School and the educational publisher Pearson are forming a partnership that will offer courses designed by the school through a program called Pearson Virtual Learning.
Under the plan announced last month, schools worldwide could gain access to middle and high school content, including credit-recovery courses in the four core subject areas for high school students; math credit-recovery courses for middle school students; and an assortment of Advanced Placement courses and exam reviews.
The Florida Virtual School, a statewide, public entity considered a leader in the online school sector, has been expanding its operations. It has worked with brick-and-mortar schools to provide so-called blended-learning opportunities, sold some of its courses, and created a franchise option for Florida counties that wish to manage their own virtual schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 13, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ