E-Mails Probe School Leaders’ Private Lives
Missouri Court Finds Web Operator Violated Law on Electronic Mail
A young Michigan man who runs a Web site that supplies information about public schools sent hundreds of e-mails this fall to superintendents in four states, demanding that they reveal their sexual orientation and threatening to list them as gay if they did not respond.
Jeffrey S. Kowalski, 22, said he thought the information would be helpful to parents using his Web site. He also hoped that it might increase “hits” on the advertisements on his site, which could generate income for him.
Missouri law-enforcement authorities, however,...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA