Safety and Violence
The latest news about safety and violence in schools, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
On Feb. 14, 2018, a former student opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., killing 17 and sending hundreds fleeing into the streets. It would become the third-deadliest school shooting in the nation's history. (February 15, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
A collection of free virtual broadcasts, including upcoming and on-demand webinars.
On Feb. 14, 2018, a former student opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., killing 17 and sending hundreds fleeing into the streets. It would become the third-deadliest school shooting in the nation's history.
The Newtown School Shootings
Education Week's coverage of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and their aftermath.
A Lingering Shame: Sexual Abuse of Students by School Employees
This special collection of stories assembles reporting on a problem that is only sporadically recognized as a national issue.
Columbine: 10 Years Later
A decade on, this collection looks at the events, survivors, and lessons gleaned from the attack at a Colorado high school.
The Virginia Tech Shootings
The mass slaying at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute revived vexing questions and raised familiar fears for K-12 educators across the country.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Director of Supports for Instruction (Smarter Balanced)
- Smarter Balanced, Working from home
- Elementary Teacher - Academies of Math and Science
- Academies of Math and Science, Phoenix, Arizona
- Associate Superintendent - Chief Academic Officer
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Remote English Teaching for Rural Chinese Children (Up to 30$/hour)
- Teachplus, Working from home
- Executive Director of Special Services
- ANACORTES SCHOOL DISTRICT, Skagit County, Washington State