The latest news about federal policy, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
A look at the two major political parties' platforms since the first charter school law was passed shows how Democrats' positions on school choice have evolved, including increased calls for accountability. (June 18, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Politics K-12 Blog
he U.S. Department of Education has had 11 secretaries since its birth as a Cabinet-level department in 1980. Check out these pages for a deep look at each secretary's tenure, challenges, and accomplishments.
Special Report: ESSA on the Runway
The Every Student Succeeds Act makes its classroom debut this fall. Here’s a look at where things stand after more than two years of preparation by states and school districts that must make ESSA legislative blueprint a reality.
EDUCATION WEEK QUIZ
What is the "Weighted Student Funding Pilot", how do select states plan to use Title II funding, and how does ESSA influence state flexibility in determining teacher evaluation criteria?
Professional development opportunity: This collection of webinars on the Every Student Succeeds Act covers what the law means for classroom teachers, schools, districts, and education companies.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Elementary School Teacher
- Legends Charter School, Lanham, Maryland
- Executive Director (Head of School)
- Triangle Associates, Burien, Washington State
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Multiple Positions
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois