Assessment and Testing
The latest news about assessment, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
District leaders cite evidence that retention doesn’t improve academic outcomes, and argue that holding large groups of students back will disproportionately hurt students of color and kids from low-income families. (June 18, 2020)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Education Week Quiz
How are states using testing as an accountability indicator under ESSA, what types of assessment do teachers value in the classroom, and what techniques are educators using to help students feel less anxious about tests?
Education Week's latest annual state survey reveals subtle shifts this year in the national testing landscape.
VIDEO: WHAT IS FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT?
VIDEO: K-12 PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT TERMS, EXPLAINED
Alternatives to traditional testing aren’t new to schools but interest in them is resurging. What lessons did educators learn from the last go-around with performance measurement? What’s new now? Read our special report.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Join KIPP Philadelphia for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Join Waterbury Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Waterbury, Connecticut
- Join University Prep Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Detroit, Michigan
- Join Norwalk Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Join Hempstead Union Free School District for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- EdWeek Top School Jobs, Hempstead, New York