Q&A: Ask the Expert
The Ed-Tech View from Washington
Timothy J. Magner is the director of the U.S. Department of Education’s office of educational technology. Before taking a job at the Education Department, Magner, 41, served as the deputy executive director for technology at the Washington-based Council of Chief State School Officers. Michelle R. Davis, the senior writer for Education Week’s Digital Directions, recently interviewed Magner about the big picture in educational technology.
You can listen to Magner's interview in full or in parts below. A text excerpt is also available.
Ed-tech issues that schools face today:
How to use technology more effectively:
Challenges faced by educators when students have more skill in using technology:
Global competitiveness and technology:
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Territory Manager USA, North America
- Bright Advertising, New York City, New York
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Assistant Superintendent of Data, Intervention and Supports
- Kirkwood School District, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.