Spotlight on Parent and Community Involvement
The Education Week Spotlight on Parent and Community Involvement is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- How district leaders are engaging parent and community members
- Using digital tools and social media to connect with parents at home
- Reaching the parents of English-language learners
- Involving parents in school policy reforms
- Maintaining communication with parents to ensure strong school safety
- Introducing parents to the Common Core State Standards
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Parent Empowerment and Choice
Parent-trigger laws, school voucher programs, charter schools, magnet schools, and home schooling alternatives have proliferated – and sparked considerable debate – in recent years. This Spotlight looks at new initiatives that have placed parents front-and-center on the national education reform stage, offering them opportunities to directly shape their children's education.
Research indicates that students benefit when their parents are engaged in their learning and schools. This Spotlight explores how to encourage meaningful home-school connections.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Assistant Professor Educational Law and Policy
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR