Spotlight on Parent and Community Involvement
The Education Week Spotlight on Parent and Community Involvement is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- How district leaders are engaging parent and community members
- Using digital tools and social media to connect with parents at home
- Reaching the parents of English-language learners
- Involving parents in school policy reforms
- Maintaining communication with parents to ensure strong school safety
- Introducing parents to the Common Core State Standards
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Parent Empowerment and Choice
Parent-trigger laws, school voucher programs, charter schools, magnet schools, and home schooling alternatives have proliferated – and sparked considerable debate – in recent years. This Spotlight looks at new initiatives that have placed parents front-and-center on the national education reform stage, offering them opportunities to directly shape their children's education.
Research indicates that students benefit when their parents are engaged in their learning and schools. This Spotlight explores how to encourage meaningful home-school connections.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Science Teacher - Grade 7
- CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL DEPARTMENT, Cambridge, MA
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US