News in Brief
Consortium Releases Sample Test Items
To help guide educators as they implement the common standards, a group of states released a new round of sample questions and performance tasks from its planned assessment.
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, made up of 25 states, posted dozens of examples of multiple-choice, constructed-response and performance items on its website last week. Users can interact with the items the way students will when they take the computer-based tests in 2014-15.
Smarter Balanced and the other consortium, the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, or PARCC, have been circulating sample test items in the field, for feedback and to guide vendors developing the tests. (Consortia Provide Preview of Common Tests, Aug. 22, 2012.) PARCC also released a set of prototype items in August.
The consortium is seeking feedback on the samples.
Vol. 32, Issue 08, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA