News in Brief
Hawaii Students to Rate Teachers
Hawaii's public school students are being asked to rate their teachers as part of a pilot program.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported last week that students in K-12 in 18 schools took the surveys for the first time in March. The surveys will be given in 82 additional schools next year.
The state department of education has declined to release the results from the surveys. Officials say the data are still being analyzed.
The Hawaii State Teachers Union says there's concern students could rate teachers poorly for reasons such as getting bad grades.
Education officials say the survey is just one way to measure teacher effectiveness.
Vol. 31, Issue 35, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA