Few Changes on SAT Posted by Class of 2010
Scores on the SAT improved a little in mathematics in the past year, but remained flat in reading and writing, results released today show.
Students in the graduating class of 2010 who took the college-entrance exam during high school produced an average score of 516 in math, 1 point higher than in each of the previous three graduating classes, but still 4 points lower than the decade’s high point, 520 for the class of 2005, according to results released by the College Board , which sponsors the SAT.
The class of 2006 was the first whose score report reflects a newly reworked SAT, which includes higher-level math questions as well...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL