News in Brief
'No' Vote on Mayoral Control
The Detroit City Council decided in a 6-3 vote last month not to put the question of mayoral control of city schools on the November ballot. U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan and Michigan Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm, a Democrat, had both publicly urged the board to let voters decide whether to shift control of the city's troubled schools from the 11-member elected board of education to the mayor.
Vol. 29, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO