News in Brief
'No' Vote on Mayoral Control
The Detroit City Council decided in a 6-3 vote last month not to put the question of mayoral control of city schools on the November ballot. U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan and Michigan Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm, a Democrat, had both publicly urged the board to let voters decide whether to shift control of the city's troubled schools from the 11-member elected board of education to the mayor.
Vol. 29, Issue 37, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL