Study: Library Computers Serve Key Ed. Role
A third of U.S. residents 14 and older—about 77 million people—use public library computers to do their homework, look for jobs, connect with friends, and improve their lives, according to a new study.
The study , conducted by researchers at the University of Washington in Seattle, confirms what public libraries have been saying as they compete for public dollars to expand their services and high-speed Internet access: Library use by the general public is widespread and not...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA