VP Choice Backed School Funding Overhaul
Sarah Palin supportive of state’s performance-pay plan.
In tapping Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate, presumed Republican presidential nominee John McCain has selected an elected official who has supported increased funding for education across her rural, frontier state and voiced support for school-choice programs that appeal to many conservatives.
A mother of five children, Ms. Palin, 44, vaults onto the national stage as the vice presidential nominee from relative obscurity, at least within the political and education circles of the nation’s capital.
The Republican governor was elected to that post less than two years ago. Before that, she was the mayor of Wasilla, a suburb of Anchorage, which is...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA