Assessment and Testing
The latest news about assessment, including articles, opinion essays, and special features.
As civic education undergoes a renaissance in schools, educators are looking beyond standardized tests to determine whether the lessons empower students to embrace civic behaviors, like voting or volunteering. (September 17, 2019)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Education Week Quiz
How are states using testing as an accountability indicator under ESSA, what types of assessment do teachers value in the classroom, and what techniques are educators using to help students feel less anxious about tests?
Education Week's latest annual state survey reveals subtle shifts this year in the national testing landscape.
VIDEO: WHAT IS FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT?
VIDEO: K-12 PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT TERMS, EXPLAINED
Alternatives to traditional testing aren’t new to schools but interest in them is resurging. What lessons did educators learn from the last go-around with performance measurement? What’s new now? Read our special report.
Student Testing: What's Next
This special report examines change in the field of student testing, including a look at next-generation science assessments, new ways to curb test anxiety, and college-admissions exams.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Superintendent of Schools
- rhinebeck Central School District, Rhinebeck, New York
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Multiple Positions
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois