Published Online: July 7, 2010
State Ratings in Special Education
The U.S. Department of Education has evaluated states since the 2005-06 school year based on their ability to meet certain "measurable and rigorous targets" related to educating students with disabilities. This map shows the most current rating for each state’s performance under Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, which covers students from ages 3 to 21. (Note: All states were considered to have met requirements in 2004-05.) Click on each state to see ratings for previous years, as well as information from the Education Department explaining each state’s rating. Read related story.
Vol. 30, Issue 37
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- EDU Key Customer Specialist
- 3Doodler, Working from home