Map: A-F Grades, Rankings for States on School Quality
New Jersey and Massachusetts post the highest overall scores on the “Quality Counts 2020” final report card, earning the only B-plus grades. New Mexico is the lowest with a D-plus. The EdWeek Research Center also offers breakouts of the top-five and bottom-five states, along with the five most-improved and the five that posted the largest declines from last year’s report.
For a description of what these education indicators mean, view the grading scale and methodology.
- • Having trouble viewing this? Download the grading summary (PDF | 130KB)
- • Get more information on individual states with State Highlights Reports
- • View the grading scale, methodology, sources, and notes
- • See Also: Nation’s Schools Get a 'C' Once Again, Even as Pandemic Turns Up the Heat
- • See Also: Coronavirus Learning Loss Index Reveals Big Equity Problems
Vol. 40, Issue 03