This year, Gallup polls about engagement—both teachers’ and students'—topped the list of most-read blog posts on Teaching Now. Respect, or the lack thereof, for teachers and students was another topic of great interest to our readers, with both an international study about educators’ social standing and a video of a student (some would say heroically) telling off a dismissive teacher both making the list. Also of concern were technology and, finally, not surprisingly, implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
Below are the most popular Teaching Now blog posts from the last 12 months, ranked by the number of page views they received.
- Gallup: Student Engagement Drops With Each Grade
- Poll: Teacher Engagement Starts Low, Worsens With Time
- Rethinking Teacher Roles in a New Networked World
- ‘LessonCasts': Flipped PD for Teachers
- Study: Where Are Teachers Most Respected?
- ‘Bluest Eye’ Becomes Common-Core Flash Point
- Report: Teacher-Evaluation Policies Becoming Increasingly ‘Rigorous’
- Viral Video: Teacher Unappreciation
- Study Finds Teachers Enthusiastic About Common Core
- PBS Launches New Video Series to Make Math ‘Cool’
What was your favorite Teaching Now blog post from 2013? Let us know in the comments.
A version of this news article first appeared in the Teaching Now blog.