How to Help Student-Teachers Feel Prepared
This school year, I plan to take on a classroom of "my own" for the first time.
Compared to nearly all of you, I am inexperiencedstill a novice in our field. But even at this moment, I know I have a tremendous advantage over many other new teachers: I had a substantial internship with an expert teacher who was also a skilled mentor. And that advantage will also extend to my students.
Based on my experiences, I'd like to offer some tips for preparing student-teachers to...
This article is available to registered guests only.
Register free, or login below, to continue reading.
To Access Teacher and Education Week Articles, FREE E-Newsletters, and More!
|FREE! (limited access)|
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- The International Educator, Japan
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Italy