Spotlight on Parental Involvement
The Education Week Spotlight on Parental Involvement is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Building relationships through home visits
- Math workshops for parents to encourage family learning
- Barriers to parental involvement
- Strategies for creating strong family-school-community relationships to benefit student learning
- Working with non-English speaking parents
- Enhancing parent engagement in high schools
- Professional development activities to build teachers' capacity to involve families
- Web resources on parental involvment
A great value! You get the eight articles below and a resource guide in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Parent and Community Involvement
Increasingly, parent engagement is becoming an important focus for district leaders. In this Spotlight see how leaders are involving parent groups in district decision-making, how national organizations are introducing the common-core standards to parents, and see how digital tools and social media are playing a role in parent communications.
Parent Empowerment and Choice
Parent-trigger laws, school voucher programs, charter schools, magnet schools, and home schooling alternatives have proliferated – and sparked considerable debate – in recent years. This Spotlight looks at new initiatives that have placed parents front-and-center on the national education reform stage, offering them opportunities to directly shape their children's education.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations