A Successful Discipline Policy Thrives on Consistency
In the Los Angeles Unified School District, more students are now staying in school instead of losing class time because of suspensions. Thanks to the district's successful approach to discipline, the number of days lost to suspension in 2010-11 plummeted to 26,286, from 46,006—an impressive 43 percent drop in one year. Among the lessons learned: Schoolchildren who engage in a positive manner in school are less likely...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR