A Successful Discipline Policy Thrives on Consistency
In the Los Angeles Unified School District, more students are now staying in school instead of losing class time because of suspensions. Thanks to the district's successful approach to discipline, the number of days lost to suspension in 2010-11 plummeted to 26,286, from 46,006—an impressive 43 percent drop in one year. Among the lessons learned: Schoolchildren who engage in a positive manner in school are less likely...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY