News in Brief
Jury Finds Va. Tech Liable for Shootings
A jury found Virginia Polytechnic Institute negligent for waiting to warn students about a gunman during a 2007 campus massacre that left 33 dead. Jurors sided with the parents of two students who were killed on April 16, 2007, in the most deadly mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Their wrongful death civil lawsuit argued that lives could have been spared if school officials had moved more quickly to alert the campus after the first two victims were shot in a dorm.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent - Curriculum and Instruction
- Darien Public Schools, Darien, CT
- Data Director
- NAIS, DC
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Principal - Capital High School
- Kanawha County Public Schools, Charleston, WV
- Principal - T.C. Williams High School
- T.C. Williams High School, Alexandria, VA