News in Brief
Jury Finds Va. Tech Liable for Shootings
A jury found Virginia Polytechnic Institute negligent for waiting to warn students about a gunman during a 2007 campus massacre that left 33 dead. Jurors sided with the parents of two students who were killed on April 16, 2007, in the most deadly mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Their wrongful death civil lawsuit argued that lives could have been spared if school officials had moved more quickly to alert the campus after the first two victims were shot in a dorm.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ