News in Brief
Jury Finds Va. Tech Liable for Shootings
A jury found Virginia Polytechnic Institute negligent for waiting to warn students about a gunman during a 2007 campus massacre that left 33 dead. Jurors sided with the parents of two students who were killed on April 16, 2007, in the most deadly mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Their wrongful death civil lawsuit argued that lives could have been spared if school officials had moved more quickly to alert the campus after the first two victims were shot in a dorm.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations