Fla. Presses Changes to NAEP Exclusions
Florida education Commissioner Gerard Robinson has asked the National Assessment Governing Board to consider setting standards for the numbers of students with disabilities and English-language learners that states exclude from taking national assessments in reading and math. In a letter to David Driscoll, the chairman of NAGB, which sets policy for the National Assessment of Educational Progress, Mr. Robinson wrote that differences in inclusion rates among states raise concerns about state-level comparisons...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations