News in Brief
Pa. Tightens Criminal-History Rules
A new Pennsylvania state law that overhauls criminal-history-disclosure rules for all public and private school employees also imposes a lifetime ban on working in a school for people who commit serious crimes. Current school employees must now report any arrests or convictions of serious crimes in their past by Dec. 27 and report any future arrest or conviction within three days.
Vol. 31, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA