News in Brief
Iowa Gov. Branstad Unveils Blueprint for Teacher Pay
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is proposing dramatic changes to how teachers advance and are compensated for their work.
The Republican governor’s plan would pay teachers on four tiers and offer a pay bump for beginning educators. Teachers could earn extra money by agreeing to work in programs with longer school days or school years.
Gov. Branstad also wants to provide value-added measures that take into account students backgrounds and academic gains. Most of the proposals would require legislative approval.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA