News in Brief
Iowa Gov. Branstad Unveils Blueprint for Teacher Pay
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is proposing dramatic changes to how teachers advance and are compensated for their work.
The Republican governor’s plan would pay teachers on four tiers and offer a pay bump for beginning educators. Teachers could earn extra money by agreeing to work in programs with longer school days or school years.
Gov. Branstad also wants to provide value-added measures that take into account students backgrounds and academic gains. Most of the proposals would require legislative approval.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Consultant - Los Angeles, CA
- Insight Education Group, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY