News in Brief
Iowa Gov. Branstad Unveils Blueprint for Teacher Pay
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is proposing dramatic changes to how teachers advance and are compensated for their work.
The Republican governor’s plan would pay teachers on four tiers and offer a pay bump for beginning educators. Teachers could earn extra money by agreeing to work in programs with longer school days or school years.
Gov. Branstad also wants to provide value-added measures that take into account students backgrounds and academic gains. Most of the proposals would require legislative approval.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Deputy Chief Academic Supports Officer
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Kindergarten teacher
- Saint Sophia School, Holladay, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV