News in Brief
Iowa Gov. Branstad Unveils Blueprint for Teacher Pay
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is proposing dramatic changes to how teachers advance and are compensated for their work.
The Republican governor’s plan would pay teachers on four tiers and offer a pay bump for beginning educators. Teachers could earn extra money by agreeing to work in programs with longer school days or school years.
Gov. Branstad also wants to provide value-added measures that take into account students backgrounds and academic gains. Most of the proposals would require legislative approval.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Senior Director, Professional Development Product Management
- The College Board, New York, NY
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY