News in Brief
Iowa Gov. Branstad Unveils Blueprint for Teacher Pay
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad is proposing dramatic changes to how teachers advance and are compensated for their work.
The Republican governor’s plan would pay teachers on four tiers and offer a pay bump for beginning educators. Teachers could earn extra money by agreeing to work in programs with longer school days or school years.
Gov. Branstad also wants to provide value-added measures that take into account students backgrounds and academic gains. Most of the proposals would require legislative approval.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE