News in Brief
6 States Win Striving Readers Grants
Six states have won $180 million in federal grants to create comprehensive literacy plans for children from birth through 12th grade. That money, part of the federal government's Striving Readers literacy program, will be shared by Texas, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Georgia, Nevada, and Montana. Formula funding distributed last year facilitated the establishment of literacy teams in nearly every state, and those teams put together statewide literacy plans. About three dozen states applied for larger grants in the program's fifth and possibly final year.
Vol. 31, Issue 03, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Greenburgh Central School District, Hartsdale, NY
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Chief Program Officer
- Washington STEM, Seattle, WA