News in Brief
6 States Win Striving Readers Grants
Six states have won $180 million in federal grants to create comprehensive literacy plans for children from birth through 12th grade. That money, part of the federal government's Striving Readers literacy program, will be shared by Texas, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Georgia, Nevada, and Montana. Formula funding distributed last year facilitated the establishment of literacy teams in nearly every state, and those teams put together statewide literacy plans. About three dozen states applied for larger grants in the program's fifth and possibly final year.
Vol. 31, Issue 03, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA