"STEM Vital Signs"
A coalition of more than 110 corporate leaders has unveiled a set of state-by-state reports on STEM learning that it says is aimed at “correcting the record” in places where state data may give an inaccurate picture of student achievement, as well as “celebrating” the good news and pointing to the challenges ahead.
The study by the nonprofit Change the Equation provides state-by-state data related to education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, including a comparison of math proficiency rates on 2009 state tests with data from the National Assessment of Educational Progress. It shows that many states are reporting far higher proficiency rates on their own tests than NAEP shows.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Winchester School Committee, Winchester, MA
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ