Few Changes on SAT Posted by Class of 2010
Scores on the SAT improved a little in mathematics in the past year, but remained flat in reading and declined in writing, results released last week show.
Students in the graduating class of 2010 who took the college-entrance exam during high school produced an average score of 516 in math, 1 point higher than in each of the previous three graduating classes, but still 4 points lower than the decade’s high point, 520 for the class of 2005, according to results released by the College Board , which sponsors the SAT.
The class of 2006 was the first whose score report reflects a newly reworked SAT, which includes higher-level math questions as well...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations