Comprehensive Sex Ed. Programs Effective, Panel Finds
"Prevention of HIV/AIDS, Other STIs, and Pregnancy: Group-Based Abstinence Education Interventions for Adolescents" and "Prevention of HIV/AIDS, Other STIs, and Pregnancy: Group-Based Comprehensive Risk Reduction Interventions for Adolescents"
A panel of independent medical experts has concluded that comprehensive sex education programs that teach contraception methods and safer sexual practices help reduce teenagers’ risky sexual behavior and limit the spread of sexually transmitted infections. But it found that evidence was more limited on the question of whether such programs are effective in...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY