News in Brief
Conn. Teenager Facing Charges for Posting Threat on Facebook
Police in Milford, Conn., say they arrested a 17-year-old boy after he threatened in a Facebook posting to bring a gun to Jonathan Law High School and start shooting.
Officers arrested the teenager at the high school last week and charged him with breach of peace. His name was not released, and it wasn’t clear if he still attends the high school.
Authorities say the youth was a student at the school when he posted the threat on the social-networking Web site in May. School administrators found out about the posting and notified police.
Police say the posting did not mention specific targets. They say the student wrote that he was going to bring a gun to school and “shoot the place up.”
He was released on a promise to appear in Milford Superior Court on Nov. 4.
Vol. 29, Issue 08, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX