News in Brief
Nashville Superintendent to Cut Central Office, Beef Up Schools
Jesse Register, the Metro Nashville schools chief, says he will eliminate 225 positions at the school system’s central office and restructure teachers’ pay to include bonuses and higher salaries for educators in hard-to-staff schools.
Mr. Register, said the personnel cuts would free up $15 million to create positions at schools. The district will post hundreds of new positions for specialized classroom teachers and math and literary coaches.
He also plans to add a "consulting teacher" position to every school, who would mentor new educators and coordinate teacher training.
Vol. 28, Issue 30, Pages 4-5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Principal - Marchman Technical Education Center
- Pasco County Schools, New Port Richey, FL
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT