In Wake of Va. Tech. Shootings, Threats Force K-12 Lock-Downs, Evacuations
Campus threats forced lock-downs and evacuations at middle schools, high schools, and universities in at least 10 states yesterday following the Monday shooting rampage at Virginia Tech that killed 33 people.
Threats in Louisiana, Montana and Washington state directly mentioned the massacre in Virginia, while reports of suspicious activity in Arizona, Michigan, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas led to lock-downs and evacuations.
In Louisiana, parents picked up hundreds of students from Bogalusa's high school and middle school amid reports that a man had been arrested Tuesday morning for threatening a mass killing in a note that alluded to the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA